Watching the annual triathlon event in our city over the weekend - the furious splashes in the lake, the lightning fast transitions, the bicycles speeding around the corner, the dash to exhaustion at the finish line – reminded me that summer is a race.
From one graduation party to the next in the same day, from one wedding to another every weekend, summer is a blur when it should be savored.
Enjoy the campfires with family, and the potlucks with friends. Make time to cook and take time to eat, because summer is too short to be long forgotten by winter.
To help you get a head start on some recipe ideas for the summer season, try a few of these delicious dishes:
- Tandoori Chicken Tikka Wrap (pictured on top): Our most popular campfire recipe, using our handcrafted Tandoori Seasoning.
- Grilled Summer Vegetable with Sumac Yogurt Dip (pictured above): Straight from the garden to the grill, and spiced up with sumac powder.
- Vietnamese Grilled Pork Chops: Marinate pork chops with our Vietnamese Spicy BBQ Seasoning for an amazing color and a punch of flavor.
- Garden Salad Coleslaw with Asian-style Dressing: A sweet, salty, vinegary, citrusy salad – topped with black & toasted sesame seeds – that wonderfully complements grilled meats.
- Toasted Coconut & Chicken Lettuce Wraps: A light, fun, tropical-inspired lettuce wrap that’s perfect as an outdoor appetizer. Spiced with our Smoked Serrano Chili Powder and Lemongrass Powder.
- Malaysian Chicken Satay: A potluck is never complete in Southeast Asia without grilled satay on the table. Make the best chicken satay with our handcrafted Malaysian Satay Seasoning.
- Grilled Corn with Sichuan Pepper Sea Salt & Smoked Serrano Chili Pepper: Corn-on-the-cob season is just around the corner. Find your favorite spicy combination.
- Mango Slaw with Creamy Coconut-Lime Dressing: For health, for flavor, and for fun, add more color & spice to your BBQ meals this summer.