A simple dish calls for a simple spice blend. And one of the easiest and most delicious spice blends is Lemon Pepper.
Combine the juice and zest of a lemon with black pepper, and you can add a spicy zing to just about any dish. Lemon pepper on roasted chicken, grilled salmon, fried squid, pan-fried shrimp, or Baked Chicken Tenders.
Marinated, breaded, and baked, these chicken tenders are a quick and healthy option for dinner. And a scrumptious one with a boost of fresh lemon, a generous sprinkle of spicy black pepper, and a drizzle of sweet honey.
Enjoy these lemon pepper chicken tenders with tomato rice and a side salad, or with your favorite pasta recipe. A great addition to your weekly menu plan!
Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders recipe by Season with Spice
14 boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
Juice & Zest from one lemon
1 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup corn flour
2 egg whites
3/4 cup bread crumbs or panko or mixture of both
1 tbsp olive oil
1. In a bowl, mix lemon zest, lemon juice, black pepper, salt, and honey. Add in chicken tenders and coat well. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
2. Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking pan with foil or parchment paper, and grease lightly with olive oil.
3. Set out three shallow bowls. In the first, mix the flour and corn flour. In the second, whisk the egg whites just until foamy. And in the third, add the breadcrumbs.
4. One by one, coat the chicken tenders in each bowl – flour then egg then breadcrumbs. Lay the coated chicken tenders on the lined baking pan, and drizzle olive oil over each one.
5. Bake for about 18-20 minutes, until the tenders are lightly browned (half way through the baking process, flip the tenders).
6. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce! I love having it with homemade honey mustard.
- If you’re pressed for time, skip the breading process and just bake or grill the marinated chicken tenders. Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders are as delicious as the breaded ones.